Catalog Bulletin Information

Below are resources to understand and view the Academic Policies and Procedures at Wagner College.

Please click here for the 2017-2019 Bulletin on Academic Policies and Procedures


Designations for Courses for the entire Bulletin Catalog


CACE Major Checklist for Degree Requirements (w/ GenEd sheets before Fall 2018)

Key Skills & Knowledge Advising Form ( new GenEd starting Fall 2018)


Transit Map Graphic of the new curriculum

Academic Policy FAQs


General Questions

1 unit is equivalent to 3.34 hours in lecture/recitation weekly. At Wagner a Unit equals a course, and the semester duration is 13 weeks exclusive of the final exam.

  1.  You MUST have 36 overall completed units which include your general education and major and/or minor requirements and any electives to get you to that number
  2.  You MUST have a 2.0 or above in Cumulative GPA sometimes the major course may be 3.0, as in education,  if required

Class standing is determined by the number of units completed.

  1. Freshman: Standing with less than 8 units completed
  2. Sophomore: 8-16.5 units completed
  3. Junior: 17-25.5 units completed
  4. Senior: 26 or more units completed

You are budgeted with Financial Planning for 9 units a year which puts a student in good standing and can reach the 36 units to graduate in 4 years.

If you take a 10th unit, you will be charged the going rate of a course for the semester.  For 2017-18, the cost was $5600 for the course in addition to the semester bill.

The grading scale is as follows:

  1. A=4.0
  2. A- =3.7
  3. B+ =3.3
  4. B=3.0
  5. B- =2.7
  6. C+=2.3
  7. C=2.0
  8. C- =1.7
  9. D+=1.3
  10. D=1.0,
  11. D- = 0.7
  12. F=0.0

The pass-fail option is an optional way to get credit for a course: The criteria is below:

  1. Only available for 2nd year and above. Granted by special request to registrar
  2. Can’t be course from major minor or gen ed.
  3. Declared by 4th week, irrevocable
  4. Does not count as a letter grade

Advanced Placement tests must have a score of 4 or better and a report would need to come from the College Board officially.   Nine units is the maximum allowed for transfer.  Units will be calculated for earned units which can change the classification of the student.  Here are the course transfer Equivalencies.

AP Transfer Equivalencies

Please be aware that when you take extra credit over the summer and/or winter break, you are shortening your stay at Wagner.   Credit brought in to satisfy the general education and/or major, with the pre-approval clearance form; that must be approved and signed off by the advisor (chair if for the major) and the Registrar’s Office.    As a result, student have graduated in 7 semesters or are only allowed to study for the courses that are required in their senior year, which could result in being a part-time student.

Academic Probation Questions

While on probation, the student should repeat as many “D” and “F” graded courses as are available on the course schedule. A maximum of seven courses can be repeated in an effort to earn a higher grade. Part-time students may take 1 to 2 units during the semester. Full-time students may take 4 or 5 units during the semester.

Students on probation are not permitted to register for tutorials, independent studies, internships not required by their major, or Expanding Your Horizons (EYH) courses. Individuals on academic probation are not eligible to hold office or a leadership position in any student group or organization. Appropriate additional restrictions may be imposed. Placement on probationary status may affect a student’s financial aid package. Please click here for the the Financial Aid Office’s web page to view the policy on satisfactory academic progress and aid eligibility . The academic progress of every student placed on probation will be closely monitored by the staff of the Center for Academic and Career Engagement. A student who has been suspended from the College may not enroll in the College either as a full-time or part-time degree student or as a special student. Suspended students who were registered for an upcoming semester will be removed from courses. Suspended students may not participate in any activities of the College until such a time as they have been readmitted.

For degree seeking undergraduate students you will be placed on academic probation if your cumulative or semester GPA falls below a 2.0. For non-degree seeking students, if a cumulative GPA of 2.0 is not achieved by the completion of 8 units, the student will placed on academic probation. Students who achieve 2.0 semester and cumulative indices will be removed from probationary status at the end of the fall or spring.

Graduate students must maintain a 3.0 and above for all courses and cumulative GPA.

Appeals of a suspension may be made to the Office of the Provost; however, a student is considered suspended unless an appeal is granted and the student is readmitted.

A suspended student may be considered for readmission upon formal application to the Office of Admissions after the lapse of at least one year. Such an application should provide information about increased maturity, as well as enhanced academic skills. If the application is approved, readmission will be probationary for a period of one semester only. If good academic standing is not achieved and maintained, the student will be expelled.